- Two clips from upcoming interviews with Prince Harry were published Monday.
- In one clip, Prince Harry said the royal family did not appear interested in reconciling.
- The interviews are set to be released Sunday, two days before Prince Harry’s memoir.
Prince Harry said he would like to reconnect with his father and brother but that the royal family is not interested in reconciling.
The Duke of Sussex made the comments in a new interview set to air on Britain’s ITV on Sunday. In a trailer for the interview that was released Monday, he said he wants “a family, not an institution.”
“I would like to get my father back. I would like to have my brother back,” Prince Harry said of King Charles III and Prince William.
In another snippet, Prince Harry said, “They’ve shown absolutely no willingness to reconcile,” although it was unclear exactly who he was referring to.
“They feel as though it is better to keep us somehow as the villains,” he continued, appearing to reference himself and his wife, Meghan Markle.
The ITV interview is scheduled to air two days before Prince Harry’s autobiography, “Spare,” is published on January 10. A source previously told The Sunday Times the upcoming memoir was especially “tough” on Prince William.
CBS’s “60 Minutes” also released a preview of an interview with Prince Harry that is set to air on Sunday.
The clip showed Prince Harry accusing his family of spoon-feeding stories to the media about him and his wife’s plans to step away from their royal responsibilities.
—60 Minutes (@60Minutes) January 2, 2023
The interviews and the memoir are also coming out about a month after “Harry & Meghan,” a docuseries about the Duke and Duchess of Sussex, premiered on Netflix. In the series, Prince Harry said Prince William screamed at him over leaving royal life and planted stories in the press, among other accusations.
Roya Nikkhah of The Sunday Times, one of Britain’s top royal correspondents, reported that Prince William had cut all contact with his brother as a result of the allegations in the series.
Buckingham Palace and Kensington Palace did not immediately respond to Insider’s requests for comment.